My poor baby.
Naturally I wouldn't take her for just a fever, and thought it was just teeth anyways, but because we would be in the car for 12 hours driving I wanted to bring her in to make sure.
I picked up work Friday.
Dumb decision as I hadn't even packed for myself barely.
Welcome to motherhood.
I got off at 3, met Tyler at the doctors and my sweetheart looked miserable.
Her temp was 103, and the dr said just a virus and went back and forth about suggesting us to go or not...
"We'll you are pregnant..."
"She is sick..."
"But... It might only last 24 hours"
I was only going to meet my mom in Rockford Illinos that night, just an hour and half away and stay in the hotel.
So I thought if things go ok tonight then we continue to head west, if not ill just turn around and spend my vacation in good ole Milwaukee with a sick baby.
So fun!
That night in the hotel with my mom, sister, cousin, and sick Sloane was just shy of hell.
She was up every 45 minutes, hot, screaming, shaking, I put cold wash clothes on her.
She was miserable.
6am rolls around.
She wakes up.
Says "milk!" With a big smile.
No fever!
It has broke.
With just 30 minutes of sleep under my belt we were ready to start our 12 hour journey!
The first 3 hours were fairly good,
Sloane slept. I called ppl on the phone.
The next 9....not my favorite time.
Peed up her shirt.
Pooped up the back.
In Kentucky she puked all over when my mom pulled her out of the car seat.
I panicked and stripped her completely naked at the rest stop and let her run around.
(That's normal in Kentucky right?)
We had only 2 hours of the leg left before we made it to our smokey mountain mansion/cabin.
And I was having a complete meltdown of regret for bringing my little girl on the trip when she was feeling so lousy.
We made it to the house, and she perked up just as I was started to feel sick from all the switch backs to get to the top of mountain.
But once we were there I swear we were in heaven.
So beautiful.
And scary how high up we were.
Being a single parent is HARD WORK.
Although I had the help of my mom, she is still grandma to Sloane and gives her whatever she wants to eat at times and I have to deal with what happens in her diaper afterwards...
Not so fun.
We went hiking, shopping, and just laid around the house playing in the pool.
A relaxing 4 days.
Had to do a little hair color for my aunts on the trip too! Balayage! They have great hair if I do say so myself.
Wednesday late afternoon Sloane and I had to hit the road to be home in time for Mike and Brits rehearsal dinner Thursday night at 5! And then wedding on Friday.
It was yet another adventure for just me and my sweetie....
One of the only pics I took at the rehearsal dinner. Boys and their knives mike got them.
Kind of freaky!
Then Friday morning I did bridal hair.
All. Morning.
I cried afterwards.
I was so exhausted.
And still had the wedding to attend.
But it was great and Tyler did an awesome job with the best man speak.
He's so sexy when he speaks. ;)
Sunday we were off to the zoo with the newly married couple and their son John who is the same age and Sloane.
Zoo!
Then Monday back to work!
It's been over a week and finally unpacked my suitcase yesterday!
(I have problems)
My mother in law rented a cabin up north this weekend so that's where we are headed... Although a nice weekend of doing NOTHING would be great...
But we are always on the go!
Good thing Sloane is now a pro car-rider.
More to come on this someday...
Hopefully soon :)



















No comments:
Post a Comment