Minnesota is home.
I grew up in Red Wing Minnesota. Land of the famous shoes and Mississippi River.
I played sports.
I was always determined to beat the boys at everything.
I did not party in highschool.
I was picked on.
I am strong now because of it.
I went to Concorida St. Paul University, a very small division 2 school, for a very short time. but just enough to make life long friends.
I went there to play softball, and opted out 2 weeks before it fall ball started.
The only thing I was passionate about at the time was art. realistically I wouldnt be able to make a living painting pictures and trying to pay my rent. So i decided to persue what I really wanted to- Hair.
When I left I got angry emails from my parents. Saying I am impulsive and I would end up living in a van down by the river. I dont blame them now that I think about it.
But alas- I attended The Aveda Institute of Minneapolis, the very FIRST Aveda school in the world. I lived with my amazing grandparents who brought me to the bus stop every single day. It was a blast.
I then got a dream job at the very First Aveda salon in the world. It use to be called Horst and Friends, now it is known as Juut.
I became a haircolorist at just 19 years old.
This was not a "job", it was my career.
Doing hair is also not just a Hobby of mine. It helps pay our bills. and just because you are a friend of a friend of a friend, no I will not give you a deal.
I had relationships and got some attention from boys.
But one in particular, Tyler.
My now husband.
We got engaged after a mere 5 months of dating.
When I tell people this they say "Noway! You were dating longer then that!"
I promise you, it was 5 months.
I am not sure if I can describe love very well; it is just an overwhelming feeling of Not Knowing, to Knowing. This is what all the songs on the radio are about... now I understand...
And then we found out we were pregnant and had our beautiful baby girl Sloane.
She is our blessing.
She is silly.
She is perfect.
We married September 22, 2012.
We live in Milwaukee.
My husband is a behavioral analyst.
Lucky for me he studies human behavior.
I am convinced that is the only reason why he married me because he can understand my crazy ways.
We are pregnant with baby number 2 due in December!
I am also going back to school after my Maternity leave for nursing.
I am so excited to start a new career path in helping moms I hope someday.
I am the best and most supportive husband for saying GO FOR IT!
Yes we will have 2 kids under 2.
Working.
In school.
and A husband to attend.
and we are into crossfit might I add! My husband is a beast, me not so much.
we are not crazy.
this is just how we like it :)
I hope you will find all my postings funny, informational, blunt, maybe even make you angry.
but thats ok.
because I am being vunerable and sharing a small bit of my life with you.
come along for the ride!
My husband is a crossfitting beast!
Just the beginning of our love :)
Always silly over at the Krueger's!
My little baby on our wedding day! (damn she grew up fast!)
What a great introduction to your blog! So glad you commented on mine so that I could find yours! (-: Looking forward to following your journey!
ReplyDelete